Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Comments For Page 413


A punch in the nose is all it takes? There has to be more to it then that.

I like the affect of Toi flipping through the air; although, I probably should have shown her turning around in the air. Maybe even if I had the action lines follow the spin it would be better. If you follow the lines it looks like she should be landing on her head.

I'm getting better at coloring and shading now. What's still taking the time is the drawing. There is a lot of action on this page and it takes time to get the poses looking right. I could never have done this a year ago although I have attempted action poses in the past. All this drawing practice is making it easier to get the posing down with proper detail and proportion.

The best improvement in my art is that characters are looking the same from panel to panel now. For the longest time I couldn't draw the character the same way without a lot of redraws. Now I'm paying more attention to where the facial features are placed on the face of the different characters so that they look the same from any angle. That's not to say I'm perfect at it, but at least it's not as much of a chore as it used to be.

No comments: