Monday, January 07, 2008

Comments For Page 406

Oh no! Birhena has been turned to stone and Balap has been blasted across the field. How are the last three girls going to deal with this new threat?

This page didn't take as long as the last one. I guess that battle scene really ate up a lot of my time. The only thing that took time to do on this page was the image of Birhena turned to stone - and that had more to do with the computer slowing down while trying to place the stone effect on the skin.

I tried to make it look like she was changed mid-swing. I sort of accomplished that, but it doesn't seem quite right some how. It looks more like she's posing then that she was really in mid-swing. Maybe she should be leaning forward with her arms being pulled by the weight of the hammer. The narrowness of the frame kind of pushed the hammer in toward her more then it should be.

This is the first time you see Oricarl's back, so you might miss the fact that Balap was trying to sneak up behind him, not realizing that Oricarl's skin blotches were really eyes.


Here is the first page of my new Web comic, Split Shift. Misty is a strange character so it may take a while before you understand what's going on with her. Be patient, all will be revealed in time.

In case you can't read the middle panel (I was trying to show that her voice was not normal at this point), it says "I'll fire your trash." Not the best grammar, but it works for the character.

This comic was created in flash and all the objects are symbols. That means I can reuse them over and over in different ways throughout the comic. It is my hope that in a few months I'll be able to create each comic strip in less then an hour and be able to do daily updates. I'm hoping that a joke a day story comic will appeal to more people then my current comic. By creating it quickly, I should be able to work on both comics and still get my other work done. If I get really busy, I might have to drop ARW for a while, but Split Shift should continue as it's simple to put together.

No comments: