Friday, December 07, 2007

Comments For Page 393

The gang is finally on their way to rescue their friends. Hopefully they are not too late.

Expect big changes next week. By this point in my comic's life I should be getting at least 1000 people visiting my page every day, but I'm only getting a fraction of that. Why? Probably because the comic is too tame. It is not extremely funny, it is merely amusing at times. It is not action packed, but has the occasional violent scene. The art is not spectacular, but it gets the job done. The writing isn't amazing, but it's not bad either. Basically, in it's current state, my web comic is too middle of the road to get much notice. I have neither strong fans nor harsh critics.

It's time to change all that. I had originally planned for this comic to be weird. Dr. Seuss meets Tim Burton weird. However, due to my lack of drawing skill and time, I played it safe most of the time and now I'm paying for that. Well, no longer. Starting next week, the comic will be going in a brand new direction. I'm not going to let my inner critic hold me back any longer. Expect more weirdness, more danger, and more over-the-top humor then ever before. I'm going to make the type of comic I'd want to read. I know I'll likely tick some people off, but any reaction is better than the poor response I'm getting now.

Expect two covers on Monday. One to replace the one used in the old story line because it no longer fits (as discussed in the last post), and a new one to commemorate the new direction the comic is going. I also have plans for a few other things, but considering my track record, I wouldn't get my hopes up. If anyone has any comments or suggestions please let me know. I'm always looking for ways to improve my comic.

No comments: