Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Comments For Page 392

My first twelve panel page. I've really been dragging this story line out way too long and it's going to end Friday, even if I have to do a 20 panel page - which I won't. I should be able to deal with everything in nine to twelve panels and then on Monday there will be a new cover for the past storyline.

That's right, I said past. The cover I originally made was meant for the next storyline, but I figured that this section would be short (the gang gets the satchel and is quickly on their way), so I did one cover to cover both stories; however, somewhere along the way, I decided it would be more interesting if Cepani took and hid the satchel, which led to the current story line.

In the end it was a good thing as it allowed me to deal with a few loose ends like how Racheal knows the language, why Slara doesn't like Cepani, what happened to Charhex, who Birhena is (and how she joins the group), what happened to Racheal's ring, and how Balap gets a new weapon. That last one likely wouldn't have happened at all without this story but I have plans for it in the future.

As the last panel suggests, I want to make it clear that these stories about the origins of the Animal Tokens are just stories. Each one has a bases of truth but none of then (and there are going to be several more before the saga ends) tells the whole truth. Don't worry, Slara isn't going to tell her story next. Fact is, she doesn't know much more then anyone else. As she'll make clear on Friday, she just finds Terra's story too full of holes to be believable.

Sorry my blog is up so late. I was working all day and this is the first chance I've gotten to sit down and type this up. I was up late last night trying to get the comic done because I knew I wouldn't have any time to work on it today. I had to get up early and add the shadows before going to work. I don't know how many people noticed there weren't any shadows on the page last night but I had the corrected page up before most people would have been awake this morning.

No comments: