Friday, August 31, 2007

Comments For Page 352

I've been meaning to explain why Racheal can understand what everyone is saying for a while now, but I just didn't see any reason for it until now.

Someday I'll have to explain why the letters "ARW" appear on the satchel, but it wouldn't be for a while. Lots of other stuff has to happen first.

I played around with some settings, and I think I've figured out a way to fix the line quality. I converted the line drawing into vector lines and this seems to remove the blurriness that occurs when I import the line work from photoshop.

Notice that the Bars in the 3rd and 5th panels still have white lines around them. That's because they are on a separate layer. The whole page was like that before I fixed it.

The only limitation with vector lines is that they are smoothed out somewhat. This removes some of the finer details (notice the thick fingers and lines around the mouth in the last panel. I'll need to draw fine details with a thiner line to to compensate for this.

I also tried writing the text in Photoshop and importing it. Maybe I should convert it to vector as well. The lines are readable but don't stand out as much as they usually do. I'll have to work on this. I had to play around with the word balloons to get them to fit since I made them last. As I said before, you can't do word balloons in Photoshop very easily. Most people use Illustrator but Manga Studio works well too. It took a little adjusting but it worked out okay.

No comments: