Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Comments For Page 345

Oh no! What happened to Dalap? Where are the others? Could something horrible have happened? Things just go from bad to worse for our band of adventures.

As I mentioned in the last post, this page was already laid out on Monday, but it wasn't finished until today. I wanted to get started earlier since I knew it would take a while to finish, but I still waited until the last minute to work on it.

When I read how other artists spend hours at the drawing table every day, I have to wonder if my heart is really in this work. It's something I can do and I'm pretty good at it (at least people say I am), but I'm just not as dedicated to it as I should be.

I guess that's always been my problem at everything I do. I'm a jack of all trades and a master of none. There is nothing I can't do and therefore I can't do anything at all. I sometimes envy people who only have one talent. They can put their whole heart into it because they know they can't do anything else. There are so many things I am good at, that I can't focus on any one thing. Sometimes I like doing this, sometimes I enjoy doing that. I'm sure there are some that envy my abilities, but I'll never be as good as those that are really dedicated to their art.

It seems odd to talk about my lack of ability on a day I put up a page that has perspective and detailed backgrounds. Not that it's great art by any means, but it is better then some of the simple designs I done in the past to save time.

I should start drawing the next page now, but I know there are a dozen other things clamoring for my attention. We'll see.

No comments: