Thursday, August 23, 2007

Comments For Page 349

Oh No! It looks like someone else found the satchel first and they plan to keep it. This is going to complicate things a bit. Without the satchel there is no way Racheal and the others are going to be able to rescue the rest of the gang. Things just get worse and worse.

You may notice that the wide boarder is back. I found that you can import Photoshop documents into Manga Studio. You can also export from Manga Studio to Photoshop (which I knew before). This means I can do all my drawings in Photoshop and do the colors and word balloons in Manga Studio. Now I can use the tools I like in Manga Studio and use the better drawing controls from Photoshop. I could also re-export back to Photoshop and add special effects and filters at the end if I wanted to.

One limitation of Manga Studio with imports is that you can't import color. This is due to Manga Studio's habit of placing each color on a separate layer. You could place each color on a separate layer in Photoshop (and the exported Manga Studio file keeps all the color layers), but you'd have to reassign all the colors once you imported it. Not a very color friendly process, but the program was designed to make black and white Manga, so color wasn't a major consideration in the design. I suppose separating the colors may help produce a more accurate print out of the pages if you were going the publishing route. I may publish my comic someday, but I don't save the color information as the files are quite large. This may be a problem, but my test prints have turned out okay, so I'm not too worried.

No comments: