Friday, April 04, 2008

Comments For ARW Page 444

Things just keep getting worse. What has happened to Balap? Looks like Slara's journey is off to a bad start.


Lots of backgrounds on this page. Nothing too complex but it always takes more time to do backgrounds.


I put Slara in a few odd positions this time, so it took a few redraws to get it right. I'm not entirely happy with the way she looks here, but I did the best I could.


This page is up latter then normal, but it isn't entirely my fault this time. I mean the page did take extra time because of the extra detail, but the main reason the page was late was that my wireless Wi-Fi connection disappeared. I don't mean I lost the connection, I mean it was completely gone as if it had never existed.


After restarting my computer five times, I was able to get the connection back. But the next time I went into hibernation it disappeared again. I did a web search and found out that this is a common problem with HP laptops and the Broadcom Wi-Fi card. I spend several hours looking for a fix that didn't involve sending the computer in for repairs (many posters said they had a nightmare trying to get HP to fix the problem, including sending the computer in four times to fix it and losing access to the computer for four months in the process). I did find a solution that involved making the WLAN drive files read only so they can't be over written (which seems to be part of the problem). This solution seems to help. I can still lose the connection but it's not as hard to bring it back.


This problem has make me late getting my other work done as well, so I haven't gotten much done with my new webcomic project. I did sketch out the characters, so I'll put that picture up on the wordpress blog later today. I'll see you Monday.

No comments: