Friday, May 16, 2008

Comments For ARW Page 462


The final chapter of Alternate Reality Worlds. This is it. After this, I never revisit this story again. Since this is the final chapter, you can expect things to get very crazy from this point on as you can tell from the cover.

Anyone familiar with Japanese adventure games may recognize this scene. There are several platform games and RPGs that use the floating island concept. There are a few Manga and Anime that also have this image incorporated into the story, most notably "Castle in the Sky," a studio Ghibli film. Because this idea is common in Japanese culture, I believe I'm free to use the idea myself as long as I don't copy any specific story.

Drawing this page was easy but the coloring took a lot longer then I though it would. I still got the page done early, but not as early as I though I would. I like how it turned out.

If you look closely, you can see Horese siting on a throne. She isn't much smaller then a typical background character in a regular panel, but because this is a full page panel, she looks very tiny. Compare this image to Slara siting on a throne on page 457.

I got my project proposal done. Now is the long wait for approval. I'm sure my idea is a good one, it's more of a matter of if they think I can actually do it. I have the training and the skill, I just hope I made that clear enough in the presentation. All I can do is wait and see.

No comments: