Thursday, February 07, 2008

Comments for Split Shift Page 15


Looks like Amy has lost all track of time. Maybe the two of them will be good room mates after all.

They were suggesting on the Half-pixel forums that it might be a good idea to mirror the comic on other comic web sites like Comic Space and Drunk Duck in order to get more traffic to the site. I really should do this as well as getting involved in other social network sites to spread the word about my comic. It's likely harder for someone to find my comic when it's on an independent site like this. I do try to advertise, but putting the comic somewhere that people can stumble upon it is a good idea as well. I'll have to make sure that there are links feeding back to my Split Shift Home Page so my advertising dollars will grow. I'll have to see if I can advertise on some of those sites as well.

Dave is right, if I'm serious about being a web comic artist, I need to focus all my energy into being a success. I spent several hours today learning how to paint like a professional and I'm going to do that the next chance I get and post it as a donation incentive. Once people see I can create professional quality work, maybe I'll get more commissions and freelance offers. I've got to work hard and prove that I'm a professional web comic artist and not just a hobbyist. ...starting Friday. I'm too busy on Thursday.

No comments: