Friday, February 01, 2008

Comments For Page 417


He must think they have some pretty elaborate costumes. I suppose you don't tend to see a group of animal people anywhere in the multi-verse. Considering these girls are one of a kind (except Slara, but she's still unusual outside her home world), the man can consider himself lucky to meet them.

I received some praise for my artistic ability yesterday and also got a message saying my art isn't good enough for web comics. The problem isn't that I'm not a good artist, the problem is that I draw without references and I don't clean up my lines. I could also use ArtRage (an art program the mimics real life painting techniques), for a more oil painting like style. However, all those things would alter the look of my comic. So should I abandon my current style in favor for a more professional style or keep doing what I love? Will the extra effort give me more readers or am I better off just enjoying myself and ignore any concerns about popularity?

Either way, I do plan to keep practicing my life drawing outside my comic and that should slowly make my comic look better. But these things all take time. I'll post again tomorrow with a new Split Shift comic.

No comments: