Friday, February 22, 2008

Comments For ARW Page 426

Seems kind of callous to kill her just because she won't activate. What will happen if she does activate? She'll need to if she wants to avoid death but I'm sure the girls would rather she didn't. Then again, they wouldn't want her to be killed either. What to do, what to do.

Sorry for the delay in putting up this page. Even without a real background it took a long time to draw four characters fighting in three panels. I just copied the foreground characters to add a border to the fight. No real reason I'd need to draw them over and over again.

I don't know how many people look at the art, but you can see the characters slowly get better as the art goes from top left to bottom right. This has to do with the width of the brush I started with and the fact that I was rushing to get the page done and then just gave up trying to get it done in a night and decided to work on the drawings some more.

I'm going to put a new reader page on the site and change the first button to a start of chapter button, so people won't have to go through the archives to understand the story. I really don't what people reading the first 200 pages or so if I can help it.

Here you can see my newest painting. I copied this from a photograph and then colored it like a page from a Dark Tower graphic novel. I'm not 100% happy with it (I think it needs darker mid-tones) but it looks better then most of my art work. I'll probably work on something like this again sometime.

I sent in Split Shift to the Webcomic Beacon pod cast in hopes of getting some new readers but Aaron, the reviewer, says "Please fix everything now," so that doesn't bode well for my comic.

You can listen to Episode 12 and hear his comments for yourself along with the rest of the pod case, which is about printing serials and Anthologies.

Now I'll need to decide if I want to start Split Shift over or do a new comic. His main complaint about the story was that it was moving too fast, so maybe it could be fixed, but he did swear a few times at the characters, so maybe I should just scrape the whole thing.

Actually, while writing the comic I had a few ideas about where I could take the story. As such, maybe it would be better to redo the story from a new point of view and incorporate the new elements into it. I'll need to work on a more realistic art style and maybe stick to black and white to save time.

A more comic book like style might work, but I'd like to stick to a strip format. I'm not sure what I should do. There may not be a Split Shift comic this weekend - or ever again.

No comments: