Monday, February 11, 2008

Comments For ARW Page 421


What did she just do to Balap? I don't think Balap was just having a nightmare, but he wasn't in his right mind either. At least he's still alive.

Used the last panel from the previous page for the first panel of this page with a few alterations. I should have changed Toi's mouth. I change the eyes and mouths of everyone else but not her for some reason. I guess it still works.

In the center panel at the bottom of the page, Ruth is spraying a liquid into Balap's face. It actually looks like she's spraying his eye.

I'm slowly adding backgrounds again. It went pretty quickly this time, so I'll keep at it. I think it was all the little detail elements like the picture on the wall and the window shutters that slowed me down last time.

I wonder how Phil Foglio can update three times a week at the level of quality he maintains. I would think it would take all day just to sketch out a page and then he'd have to ink and color it. Some pages have very complex art which would take most artists days to complete. Either he's some kind of robot, or he has a team of inkers and colorists working on his pages.

Oh well, I shouldn't complain, I'm sure there are many people who would love to have my ability to draw anything I want without using references. My art looks better with references, but many people couldn't draw a stick without a reference. This allows me to be fast and loose with my compositions. I hate a lot of art that other people call "quality artwork" because it's so stiff and lifeless. So what if you can paint a picture that looks like a photograph, if it doesn't have any feeling or life to it it's worthless in my option.

I am currently working on a more detailed drawing, using references, which I'll put up when it's done. I like how it's looking so far.

No comments: