Friday, February 15, 2008

Comments For ARW Page 423


I wonder how long they were waiting in the dark for the girls to show up? Had they been waiting every night or did they know that the girls were coming? There will be some answers on Monday.

There are two major differences in this page that are not my normal style. First the page is darker then normal since everything happens at night. I had to use three different tones to do all the shadows plus a highlight color to show lit areas.

Second, there are text boxes in every panel and only one word balloon. This allows me to have the group making plans while showing the plans in action. I'm sure that has been done many times before in other comics but this is the first time I've done it.

Here is the drawing I've been working on. You can see how it's more realistic then I usually draw while still being somewhat cartoon like. Adding color can push the image either way depending on how I do it. I may work on it some more or work on something else next week. I'll let you know. See you tomorrow.

No comments: