Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Comments For Page 372 and Page 3


Remember kids, don't run around in pit filled labyrinths. Sounds like good advice regardless if you're being chased by a killer rabbit or not. Seems like Slara should have known better. Well, they won't make that mistake again.

I feel that the simple trick of drawing at 1200 ppi has really improved my art a lot. Part of the reason is that those annoying little mistakes can't be seen at all now. The other reason is I can draw a lot bigger and detailed images knowing that it will all be reduced in the end. I have to be careful not to draw small details, since those will disappear as well.

Do you like the feeling of depth in the last panel? I don't think it would have looked nearly as good with out the different line thickness. Racheal at the bottom has very thin lines and little detail, while Slara and Toi are more detailed with thicker lines. It really is a nice effect that just wouldn't have been possible before. The best thing about it is that the page didn't take any longer then usual to draw.

Look at this remake of page 3. It took me less then an hour to draw this, about the same amount of time as it took to draw the original page two and a half years ago, but the difference in quality it remarkable. I added little details like the stitching on the glove just because I could. I could never have done that in the past.

No comments: