Friday, December 08, 2006

Comments For Page 249



Boy am I tired. I've been staying up way too late to get my projects done. Everything is finished now except for the final 2D animation. I'll put my 3D animation up soon so you can all see it. It turned out pretty good considering I've never animated anything in 3D before (except the obligatory bouncing ball).

If anyone is interested in animation, start by trying to get a ball to bounce. It doesn't matter if you are doing it on paper, Flash, Maya, or with any other program or method. A bouncing ball is the easiest thing to learn motion, squash and stretch, slow in and slow out, and just about any other animation principle. The secret of the bouncing ball is that it's easy to draw (or make a 3D model of), so you're not hung up on what you are drawing and can concentrate of the animation.

If you look at page 249, you'll notice I'm using highlights now. It is really staring to make my characters look more three dimentional. By May 2007, I should be drawing my comic in a semi-realistic style with full textures and lighting effects. And to think, just last year I was drawing lifeless 2 dimentional black and white illustrations for my comic. It's hard to believe how much better I'm getting.



No comments: