Friday, November 23, 2007

Comments For Page 387

Now that Birhena is calmed down, will we finally get some answers? Wait and see.

Sorry for the delay in getting this page up. My computer decided to go into a slow crash last night and I was unable to get the page done. I was also really tired which didn't help. Has anyone else had their computer slow down to the point of stopping without actually stopping? It's one thing for the computer to just crash (that's expected with MS Windows), but for the computer to take several minutes to do something that normally takes less then a second is just agonizing. I have a pretty fast computer and I keep it free of Viruses and Spyware, so I don't know what caused the problem. It seems to have gone away on it's own, whatever it was.

I'm amazed at how much nicer my faces look now. It wasn't that many months ago that I was having trouble drawing a head with any consistency. Now, I can draw specific heads for each character. It takes a little more work to keep then "on model" but at least I can do it now. You can almost tell what the characters are thinking by their expressions.

The real test of an artist's ability with expressions is to draw a silent comic - trying to tell a story through a characters expressions rather then their words. I've seen a couple of silent comics, though they often cheat somewhat by including non-spoken text; however, a story in an old Archie comic only has text in a poster about a school dance that sets up the story, which I think is fine. I'll have to try it sometime.

No comments: