Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Comments For ARW Page 492


Horese is jumping hurtles. What trials with the others face in their respective tunnels? I'll just say that each trial will be based on each girls individual powers.

Since there is only one character per panel (except panel 3 which has two) I had more room to work on the design of the characters. I like how kat-rin looks almost as good on the page as she looks in my head. I really surprise myself sometimes. I've always wanted to be able to draw the images I have in my head and now I can. Wow!

Panel 4 is designed to show how small Horese has gotten. She now has a smaller pony/colt-like body and the background expands around her, showing her loneliness and isolation. At least thats the effect I was going for.

I like Horese's curves in panel 5. Sometimes the pen just moves the right way when I keep it loose. She is also in mid-transformation which is interesting as well.

In panel 6 those red/orange hurtles are rising out of the floor requiring someone who is fast and a high jumper. There is also suppose to be a barrier coming down from the ceiling to prevent anyone flying over the hurtles (i.e. Penny). I thought about that when I designed the challenge but I forgot to draw it in.

The next few pages will show the girls moving toward the center chamber and then the big fight will begin on page 496. You don't want to miss it.

No comments: