Monday, July 23, 2007

Comments For Page 336


I wanted to have a action sequence where Slara jumps up and grabs the flower and then lands back on the ground, stumbles and falls. I think I captured this, but the transition between panel two and three might not be clear. I should have put in another panel where Slara flips in the air, so that she goes from below the flower to above it.

Anyone who has been reading the comic should realise that she is a powerful athlete and mesmerizing dancer. She would never have survived being on the Vixens team if she wasn't. As the only member of the team that doesn't have an animal token, she is in more danger of dying then the others, so she needs to be more careful.

These scene once again shows that she is a force to be reckoned with despite a lack of a genetically enhanced body. It also shows that she's not perfect either. She can still be tripped up by landing of a uneven surface.

I'm going to start working on a new web comic to enter on the Zuda comics site. This is a new imprint for DC comics that allows talented, amateur writers and artist show what they can do. Each month ten comics will be highlighted and site members will get to vote on their favorites. The winner will get a contract from DC to create a whole years worth of comics. Since DC is owned by Time/Warner, there are endless possibilities to have my work shown in other markets, maybe even seeing my characters on the big screen someday.

Before all that can happen, I need to design new characters and create an eight page story. Then I'm going to produce one page a week of the best art I can produce, so that when October comes around (the official start date of the site), I'll have my comic finished and ready to go. I hope you will all drop by and support my comic when the time comes. There will be a lot of heavy competition from established web comic designers who want to get in on the action.

No comments: