Friday, October 06, 2006

Comments For Page 222 + John K.


Sorry for the long delay getting this page up, but I was busy last night - watching a presentation by John K. Himself. Wow! What a great honor to meet one of the greatest animation directors of our times.

It was a modest presentation. John talked a little about his life in the industry and showed a few classic cartoons. There were a few problems with the set up. Early on they had to change laptops and John was forced to ad lib and answer questions before the presentation really got started.

Later on, a cartoon ("Tortoise Wins by a Hare") couldn't be viewed because there was a scratch on the disk. John showed some newer stuff he has been working on, including the weird Al video and an animatic of the Tenacious D video. He also showed an old Ren and Stimpy cartoon that never made it past the animatic stage.

Overall, it was a fun evening. I wish I could have talked to him in person but I had to catch my ride back.

I tried for a dramatic effect on this page, but the scalians seem too happy to make it really work. Though, maybe that makes it even more frightening. I can't really tell. It's hard to divorce yourself from your own work.

No comments: