Monday, July 21, 2008

Comments For ARW Page 485



Who are these people that Racheal has stumbled upon? Think of all the possibilities. Could it be a man with he's wifes and child? Maybe a rich noble with four slave girls. Maybe the two beside the bed are slave girls and the two on the floor are a mother and child. Are they his wife and child or someone else's? So many possibilities.

As you can see, I cheated on the first panel and just copied that background from the last page. But is it really cheating? Animators reuse backgrounds all the time. I hate it when people use the same character poses in every panel, but there is nothing wrong with reusing backgrounds as long as then make sense.

I think the last panel makes up for it with all the new characters and the background. I would have liked to have pictures or tapestries on the walls, and a few more pieces of furniture or some statures on the floor, but this page was getting late as it is.

Do you like what I did with the cat women? All four of them have different body builds and ages. Not to many artists that can do that without references. It may have taken me a long time to get to this level of skill, but having the ability to draw a wide range of body types is worth the struggle. You really need to understand the underlying principals of design if you want to do any kind of storytelling with the pictures. Look at that least panel again and tell me you can't tell what they are thinking by their facial expressions and poses.

Here is the picture I did for the Jenny Everywhere contest. The picture isn't currently in the contest for some reason. I contacted Fes and I hope to get an answer why soon. You can find the contest entries here: Draw to Win contest

I've included the cover to Dungeon Legacy I did a few weeks ago. I don't think I posted it here before. At least I can't find the entry. Visit Dungeon Legacy.com

No comments: