Friday, September 21, 2007

Comments For Page 361

Walk through a piece of paper? These tasks are getting pretty challenging. Assuming the gang can get past this challenge, what will they have to do next?

I roughed out the page first before doing the final drawing and I think some scenes look better for it. The hands in panel two and six certainly benefited from getting the rough proportions finished before redrawing them.

Normally, I don't like taking the time to rough things out, but I misplaced my drawing pen and had to make due with a back up. Once I got my pen back, I was able to finish things fairly quickly. So maybe roughs actually speed up the drawing process. I'll try it again and see what happens.

I don't know how many reading this are interested in creating web comics, but if you're not checking out Webcomics Weekly, you're missing some great advice from four long time web comic developers, including Scott Kurtz - creator of PVP.

If you do create your own comic, or are interested in starting one, you might want to check out the 52 Comic Challenges. As of this post, they are on challenge five, so it's not too late to join in. I plan to start this soon myself. I'll keep you posted as I make updates.

No comments: